Get Ahead Of The Curve - Top Home Trends For 2023 January 30, 2023
Healthy Slow-Cooker Recipes To Get You Through January January 09, 2023
Our Chat With Renowned Silversmith Malcolm Appleby December 12, 2022
Healthy Slow-Cooker Recipes To Get You Through January
Is Cooking In The Slow Cooker Healthy?
January is here, and here at Taylor's on the High Street, we're more than ready to take on 2023! If eating healthier is one of your new year's resolutions, we have it covered. Finding the motivation to cook food that is delicious and nutritious can be difficult, especially after all the holiday indulging we've been doing.
Whether you're a gourmet chef or a total novice, crockpot recipes take the hassle out of the cooking process - so you focus on sticking to your healthy eating goals. We've collected some of our favourite healthy slow-cooker meals, from vegan crockpot recipes to one-pot chicken, and there are plenty of tasty (and easy) slow-cooker recipes to try out.
Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers
- Mix the beef, tomatoes, cheese, rice, and spices together in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Chop the top of your bell peppers off, and fill with the beef mixture. Then, place the peppers in the slow cooker, cover and cook on high for three hours.
- Five minutes before your peppers are done, or when softened, top with grated cheese and leave for another five minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with a dollop of sour cream.
Slow Cook Chicken And Broccoli
(Image Source: Chelsea Lupkin, Recipe: Delish)
Easy, healthy slow cooker recipes are a great way to try your hand at meal prep, and this slow cooker chicken and broccoli is a simple yet effective way to get plenty of protein and fibre. Even better, this fakeaway dish is great for meal prep.
- Whisk the ketchup, siracha, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, vinegar, garlic and ginger together in a small bowl until mixed into a sauce.
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper then add to the slow cooker and cover with the sauce and toss until combined. Then, leave to cook on low for four hours.
- Whisk the cornstarch with a 1/4 cup of water and stir into your chicken mixture to thicken your sauce. Then add the chopped broccoli and leave for another hour.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the slow cooker, and chop them into small pieces on a chopping board. Then add your chopped chicken back into the sauce mixture and toss until combined.
- Divide your cooked rice into four portions then top with the chicken and broccoli mixture, garnish with onion and sesame seeds and serve.
Set It And Forget It Overnight Oats
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but it's all too easy to get caught up in the morning rush and reach for the nearest snack to get you through your routine. Overnight oats are a fantastic breakfast choice, and this slow cooker oats recipe takes all the hassle out of the usual cooking method.
- Grease the inside of your slow cooker with the unsalted butter
- Add all the ingredients except the blueberries and other toppings to your crockpot
- Cook and stir occasionally on high for four hours, or stir, cover and leave to cook on low for eight hours
- Ten minutes before serving, uncover your oats and stir in the frozen blueberries and your toppings then serve.
Easy Vegan Slow Cooker Curry
(Source: BBC Good Food)
If you're giving Veganuary a try, then this easy vegan slow cooker recipe is a must. With plenty of veggies, this curry is packed with vitamins and one portion is four of your five a day.
- Add the coconut milk, curry paste, bouillon powder, chilli, ginger, garlic, butternut squash and aubergine to your slow cooker and leave to chill overnight. You can also add extra vegetables like sweet potato or white beans for extra protein.
- Cook on low for six hours or until the vegetables are tender, then stir in the frozen peas and coriander and season to your taste with some freshly squeezed lime
- Serve with rice or flatbread and enjoy!
Need Some More Slow Cooker Recipes?